Lewes Community Land Trust (Lewes CLT) was formed in 2007 as an alternative to private, profit-driven development.
We aim to acquire suitable local sites on behalf of the community and then build and manage developments that people actually want...
- True mixed use developments with amenity spaces for everyone.
- Low cost work spaces for local businesses.
- The kind of homes that families want to live in – including a high proportion of affordable housing.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable technologies.
- A unique opportunity to bring some joined-up thinking to planning in our own town.
- Owned by the townspeople, managed by the townspeople, for the townspeople.
Our objectives include...
- Development for the benefit of the public using sustainable means of achieving economic growth and regeneration.
- The maintenance, improvement and/or provision of public amenities.
- The provision of housing for those who are in conditions of need and the improvement of housing in the public sector or in charitable ownership.
- The protection and conservation of the environment.
- The creation of training and employment opportunities by the provision of workspace, buildings and/or land for use on favourable terms.
- The preservation of buildings and sites of historic or architectural importance.
Lewes Community Land Trust’s principal aims are to acquire land for affordable housing and to enhance local job opportunities.
Lewes Community Land Trust held its AGM on July 22nd 2016, where it was noted that costings from Santon are expected soon - figures that will enable the trust to firm up on its North Street Quarter proposals.
This is an...
Lewes District Council adopted the Joint Core Strategy on 11 May 2016 at Full Council. This now forms part of the development plan for the district.
The Core Strategy, prepared jointly by Lewes District Council and the South...
Do you live, work or have family in the Lewes area?
Do you want to own a property in Lewes but can’t afford local prices?
Would you consider part ownership?
Lewes Community Land Trust is...
In Wednesday’s Budget the Chancellor recognised the vital contribution that communities are making to address the housing crisis.
Thousands of volunteers across the country are setting up Community Land Trusts to build...
At today's CLT Relaunch meeting - 7:30 pm on Wednesday 2nd March at St Johns-sub-Castro Church, Lewes - the CLT team will be talking about its Affordable Housing Scheme for the North Street Quarter development. You can read...
For many years the proposed "Phoenix Quarter" was seen either as a welcome and much needed facelift for a rundown industrial estate or as a threat of inappropriate development right in the heart of our community. Permission has now been granted for Santon and LDC to develop it. Let's grasp that opportunity and make it a success!