Lewes Community Land Trust (Lewes CLT) was formed in 2007 as an alternative to private, profit-driven development.
We aim to acquire suitable local sites on behalf of the community and then build and manage developments that people actually want...
- True mixed use developments with amenity spaces for everyone.
- Low cost work spaces for local businesses.
- The kind of homes that families want to live in – including a high proportion of affordable housing.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable technologies.
- A unique opportunity to bring some joined-up thinking to planning in our own town.
- Owned by the townspeople, managed by the townspeople, for the townspeople.
Our objectives include...
- Development for the benefit of the public using sustainable means of achieving economic growth and regeneration.
- The maintenance, improvement and/or provision of public amenities.
- The provision of housing for those who are in conditions of need and the improvement of housing in the public sector or in charitable ownership.
- The protection and conservation of the environment.
- The creation of training and employment opportunities by the provision of workspace, buildings and/or land for use on favourable terms.
- The preservation of buildings and sites of historic or architectural importance.
Lewes Community Land Trust’s principal aims are to acquire land for affordable housing and to enhance local job opportunities.