Monday, 05 July 2010 12:15
The new Lewes Community Land Trust web site, now over two years old, was launched on Friday 9th July 2010. The web site is powered by Joomla! 1.5, an Open-Source Content Management System (CMS) released under the GNU GPL License, and runs under Apache on a Linux-based web server at WebHosting UK's data centre in Maidenhead. Joomla! is written in PHP and utilises the MySQL relational database. The site was developed for the Lewes Community Land Trust by John Marsh on a voluntary basis during the summer of 2010. In order to support the Trust's requirements, in addition to the CMS framework provided by Joomla!, several significant add-ons were used to provide a subscription payment and donation mechanism, to handle newsletter mailings, to provide a discussion forum and, behind the scenes, to back up the site's database.
The web site's new features include...
- Full Membership Record handling, including the enrolment of new members
- Automated mailing lists
- Online Subscription and Donation payments
- Display of videos and other multi-media
- Google Maps with the latest Streetview feature
- Document Library with preview & download
- Supporters' Forum
- Display of forthcoming Events
- Latest News
- Visitors' Book
and much more. We hope you like it.